Coaching is neither counseling nor therapy. It is a collaboration between a certified professional and the client, where the former motivates the latter to fulfill a diversity of goals. Coaching goals can range from business and relationships to personal development and health improvement. Over the years, the demand for a certified life coach in New Zealand has increased significantly, making it a prospering career option. However, before you go down that professional path, you may have many questions regarding what it entails and how much you can earn by becoming a life coach. Read on to know the answers.
What is Life Coaching?
Life coaching can be defined as the process of helping and supporting an individual to reach their maximum potential towards personal and professional goal fulfilment. The coaching ideology is defined by three core principles, which are:
- There is a mutual belief working between the coach and the client about the latter’s enhancement and goal fulfilment based on the assumption that everyone is resourceful, creative, and growth-focused.
- A boost of self-reliance in the client is essential for a successful coaching process. One should be aware of their limitations and strengths. It helps them in setting realistic and attainable goals.
- The client must have a sense of accountability and acceptance for setting and meeting the goals. Coaching translates generic goals into measurable and finally attainable goals.
Changes that a Coaching Professional can Instigate
We have already mentioned that coaching leaves a positive impression on the life and mind of an individual. How can a life coach in New Zealand help? Well, a coaching professional can bring forth the following development:
- Increase in self-confidence
- Improvement in work performance and productivity.
- Fix and improve personal and professional relationships.
- Betterment of communication skills.
- Enhancement in time management skills.
- Significant health improvement.
These are common areas of life where people seek improvement. By becoming a life coach in New Zealand, you can offer services that resonate with your proficiency and passion.
Average Pay for Life Coaching in New Zealand
At the end of the day, life coaching is a profession, and aspirants want to earn from it. Most coaches in New Zealand charge on an hourly basis. The service charge can vary between $50 and $500 per hour. The pay would also vary depending on the client’s current state and where they want to see themselves.
For personal coaching, the charge varies between $75 and $200. The average pay is $120 per hour. Some coaches in New Zealand offer packages like the following:
- $300 – Four sessions per month (30 minutes each)
- $2000 – nine sessions (90 minutes each)
If it is in a corporate setting, the price can be up to $1000. As per stats, in New Zealand, the average earning of a life coach is between $106,967 and $160,451.
Do you want to become a trained and certified life coach in New Zealand? Then Coach Transformation Academy should be your choice of institute. Coach Transformation is a leading coaching training provider accredited by the ICF and EMCC. For more information on life coaching training in New Zealand, you can visit this page.