Do you want to establish your coaching practice in Singapore? Coaching, like other professions, demand training and certification, proving competency and validation. So, if you are thinking of becoming a coach and starting your practice, you first need to enrol in a legitimate program accredited by the ICF orEMCC. In this blog, we have shared the certification and credentialing process for the International Coaching Federation (ICF), explaining the steps to ICF coaching in Singapore.
Why Get ICF Certification or Credentials?
You must be thinking, why ICF and not the others? ICF is the largest organization, driving the advancement of the coaching profession globally for the last 25+ years. Along with accreditation for training courses, ICF offers credentials to professional coaches as well.
Since ICF has the largest global reach, it is easier to find institutes offering ICF accredited courses in Singapore. The certificate and credentials give more traction to your practice as a coach, increasing your value as a professional coach.
With ICF certification, you can offer coaching services to anyone anywhere in the world while staying in Singapore. As per industry experts, only the best possess an ICF credential, which means that you will attract more clients. It is highly recommended that you get training from an ICF-accredited institution or organization offering ICF coaching in Singapore.
Steps to Getting an ICF Coaching Credential
Now, let’s talk about the ICF credentialing process. ICF credentials follow three levels.
- ACC (Associate Certified Coach)
- PCC (Professional Certified Coach)
- MCC (Master Certified Coach)
Each credential has three different pathways (ACTP, ACSTH, Portfolio). Since ACC is the beginner’s level certification, we will give you a brief step-by-step breakdown of the process that leads to ICF credentialing.
- You start by enrolling in an ICF accredited coach training program. For an ACC credential, you need to complete a minimum of 60 hours of coach-specific training hours. PCC and MCC levels demand 125+ hours and 200+ hours of coaching training, respectively.
- Your coaching experience will begin during the ongoing training. You can conduct sessions to gain experience hours.. ACC credential requires a minimum of 100 hours (75 hours paid sessions) of coaching experience with at least eight clients. PCC and MCC levels require a minimum of 500+ hours and 2500+ hours, respectively.
- Coach trainees need to complete 10+ hours of mentoring sessions with a PCC or MCC level coach.
- ICF offers credentials to coaches who have demonstrated competence and proficiency, meeting the ICF coaching standards. They would assess your knowledge regarding the coaching practices and code of ethics through the Coach Knowledge Assessment. That is mandatory for credentials.
For ICF Credential, you have to submit recordings along with a Coaching Log, certificate of training, and mentoring. After you submit your application, you have to go through the Coach Knowledge Assessment.
ICF may take 4 to 14 weeks to review your application.
If you want to get ICF coaching in Singapore, Coach Transformation Academy offers ICF-accredited training and a path to credentialing. All of Coach Transformation Academy’s coaching courses are accredited by the International Coaching Federation (ICF), which is imparted to the aspirants by credentialed professional courses in both online and offline mode. Contact us today and take the first step toward becoming an accomplished coach in Singapore.